My name is Jazmine Storvold. I am 26 years old, a mother to a 4-year-old, a full-time student and work as an Education Assistant and Server. I grew up in 100 Mile House B.C and completed high school in 2011 at the Peter Skene Ogden. Growing up I was always involved in musicals and theatre productions. I attended University at Thompson Rivers in 2013 and completed my certification for the Education Assistant and Community Support Worker Program. During that time I became pregnant with my son.

I have always considered the idea of becoming a teacher, but it wasn’t until I had the opportunity to substitute in classrooms that I made the decision to continue my education. I am currently working towards achieving my Bachelor of Education Degree.

I chose to take this course being that I have chosen History to be my teachable subject as required for consideration into the program. I also strongly believed this course would benefit me in learning the history of childhood and education within Canada.

I believe this course has provided me with a better understanding of how education has developed and how childhood can be defined.